Today, more than ever before, you have to do more with fewer resources. How efficiently you manage your time is a major factor in maintaining productivity and effectiveness. Here are some tools to help.
This is especially true if you are dealing with grief or a loss. Here are some tips to help you along.
- Plan your day to support your goals and allow flexibility to handle a??emergencies.a??
- A?Leave room so that you can respond to last-minute changes. If you schedule your day too rigidly, you will create unnecessary stress when things go wrong and you have to juggle your plans.
- Identify your top priority for the daya??the one that you would sacrifice all others to achieve.
- A?Create your a??To Doa?? list for the day. Do not just carry over unfinished items from the previous day. Start afresh and include only those tasks and activities you intend to complete that day.
- Focus on handling the highest priority tasks first. They usually have the greatest payoff and contribute the most to your business.
- Use a calendar system.Life is too complicated to rely on memory. Properly using a good calendar system can add hours to your life.
- A?Each week, review your goals and highest priorities and schedule your time for the next week. Setting goals and scheduling weekly helps control your time when a??stuffa?? happens.
- A?Set a time limit for each task and post the weekly schedule where you can see it every day.